Monday, October 25, 2010

Mr. West & the Phoenix...... "Runaway"..


I def. missed the premiere on Saturday of “Runaway” (of which I would’ve loved to see… but I was in route to the Nicki Minaj show) anywho…

When I finally watched it last night… I must say (as I am with ANY Kanye video except Heartless {for personal reasons *shrugs}).. I was GLUED to the screen thee ENTIRE time. Of course, I had to
YouTube it to get the full 35 mins (that seemed to be the only website who’s link would play for me :-/).



Corona… Jose… Jack… Dirt… Food… Phone…. Etc…


All were present…


but none of that mattered at all for 35 minutes.


I was completely in a trance.


His mind and creativity is GENIUS. What puts the icing on the cake is his honesty… this all stems from HIS emotions… he holds a reason behind it, but there are always different interpretations to his videos as he leaves them open to be.
I’ve only watched it once… so I won’t release my interpretation to it yet.
Many believe the story is about his failed relationship with Amber Rose… but he clears that up in an
Mtv interview with this statement:


“…Even before the parallel of the crash in my career and the rise from the ashes, even before that parallel I was feeling this idea of this Phoenix. Thinking about it, I wanted Every girl I have ever been in a relationship with to feel like a piece of her was being represented and even for my mother to feel like she was being represented when she sees this and just for females to connect with the different emotions….” –‘Ye

Just watch as the story unfolds.
Kanye West as Himself
Selita E. Banks as The “Phoenix”



“Your girlfriend is beautiful. Do you know she’s a bird???”………



No comments:

Post a Comment