Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Women's (Empowerment) Wednesdays...

Disclaimer: I began to draft this on Tuesday. But i didn't finish the post until Wednesday. I guess because Tuesday was the day i started, it posted the day the draft was originated and not the actual day it was posted. #shrugs. You get the gist tho




I decided to take a different approach today....

Normally, I have a song obviously by a woman, with girl power and all of that. But.....
I really needed a quick picker upper and this popped into my mind. Love this song... LL's Jam about me lol



Whether we want to admit it or not, it feels good to be complimented and noticed by a man... especially one that you have feelings for or don't mind that they are looking at you. You can pull the whole "i do this for me" shit which may be true to an extent, but all it takes is for one fine brother in the office to say "I see you.... you do your thang everyday... always fly...".. I bet you'll NEVER come to work again (if you have done before) with an average outfit on lls. You'll always make it your point to make sure you are looking good because you know.... that man is looking. You can have a great self-esteem and know you're worth, that's ALL GREAT :).... but We all like to be noticed and receive attention... especially from the ones that we love. Whether it's "baby i love it when you wear that perfume" (you'll wear it all the time when you all go out lls) or something as simple as "I like what you did with your hair..." That makes us feel good. To know at least you're paying attention. At least... we are noticed.


Now, in the "Around the Way girl" case... I picked this song because I hear so many dudes nowadays say they don't like girls who wear extensions or weaves which REALLY bothers me when they say that ... (now unless it looks a HOT ASS MESS ).. why not embrace your girl??.. like "babe you look good! and if that's what makes you feel comfortable.. shit i'm cool with it". You think women just put it in because that's what they wake up and feel like doing o_O. No.. obviously... they are going for a certain look.. maybe a look they love. In a world today... where guys look at all the Beyonce's and Kim Kardashians... it's tough to not fall into the trap of "i need to look like her... maybe they'll (he'll) notice me".

We really go the extra mile sometimes to make sure we look good for our man... and it would make us feel 10x better and appreciated if they complimented us every once in a while. (Not just looks) Whether it’s the way we talk or the way we handle our business, just knowing that you noticed and you like it... makes us feel more esteemed....
Case and Point…LL let's us know... ‘girl i see you’.. and shows admiration. Yea, you can go to your 9 to 5, handle your business, and still be able to talk with ya “street slang”…. Wear your weave pieces… Bamboo earrings… knock off louis’ (if you can’t afford the real ones)… and still be BEAUTIFUL. LL notices… and trust me it’s some other brothers out there who do too…..
Don’t get discouraged…. YOU’RE ONE OF A KIND… and one day…someone special will make sure… you KNOW that :)

"I want a girl with extensions in her hair.... bamboo earrings ... at least two pair"


The dance moves are classic lls
Side commentary: Let me make this disclaimer for my lesbian community. Shoot this doesn't have to just apply to heterosexuals.... it's the same with your girlfriend. She needs to embrace you too. Feeling appreciated by "your attraction" ALWAYS makes you feel a little more esteemed... no matter the preference....

No comments:

Post a Comment