Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let's talk $$$.....


Food for thought....


Now... I LOVE $$$. And although.. dealing with $$$ & equity is what my job entails...for some reason it has been brought up in my conversations today un-work related.


Someone asked what makes me happy? Me not giving a straight forward answer.... i simply said Hov LLS and $$$. They didn't get the gist.


Someone significantly close to my heart mentioned how "broke" they were at the current time (quite the opposite a few years ago).... then later mentioned a call they just received about meeting with a rep. of Atlantic Records today ... Obviously... their eyes and speech bled $$$.


Surprisingly, from these two instances, so weird "$$$Right" by Musiq just came on randomnly on the playlist... hmmmm I have put deeper thought into this. $$$ is the root of all evil ?? so they say... but it seems to be the very thing that everyone loves. Unfortunately.... I have noticed that with myself (personal experiences) and others.. $$$ has brought jealousy amongst closest.... ruined friendships and relationships... and most of all... brought problems between ppl that you could never imagine. Yet... it's what we seek every day. Sure we need it for our daily being... but what is really instilled in our minds?


I'll admit... I don't want to be one of those women who look up at 40 and all she has is her career ... no husband... no family... no friends. No no.. I don't want to be one of those... but the idea of me living "Comfortably" drives me to heights at the greatest. Unfortunately... along the way..... ppl are rearing their ugly head.


In the words of... "Ricky Rozay"......


"I'm thinking $$$... everyday I'm thinkin $$$.....I bust a nut.. Then I'm back to thinkin $$$" .... In my case.. that EXACT statement is completely true hey i'll admit it


However... in the back of my mind everytime... I think... One day....there has got to be more than this??.... It's got to be...... "I don't know why I'm... so high I'm.. so high I'm... so High... High off the life..."- Hov

6 comments:

  1. Damn tryin to post this from my phone took forever regardless .... I feel like that has to be more to life than the pursuit for $$$. While it is an integral part of our everday struggle if we don't have a pursuit of the sense to know what to do with it or how to spend it having it won't make us any happier thab being broke .. Def more comfortable though but u gotta have more cuz $$$ alone will never be enough .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I find on tv and with some in my actual life is that most ppl who have money say it's "not enough" and that there are things "more impt. than money"... but ppl who don't that's what they "need" and seem (not all) to appreciate the sense of having it a little more. It's so weird when you finally sit back and think about it. Like obviously majority of ppl i know want to live comfortably (some ACT like they are ok with being broke... in which i don't believe) but it's all to to fill a void forreal. Like when you sad.. what u do? spend money (whether it's shopping... buying a bottle... go drive somewhere which in a sense is spending money bc ur using gas). At the end of the day... the moolah is ruling everything. But that can't be it.... idk stix... what else you think??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you know we were talking earlier about not lettin the pursuit for the c.r.e.a.m keep you from enjoying the good things u do have in your life. I feel like if you can't enjoy the simple pleasures that you have now then when u get to the top will things really be better or will u be concerned with getting n having more money does rule the world we live in but it can't rule you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't mean not enjoying simple pleasures. Like for example... i LOVE sitting looking at the water (something most that i know find boring)... but i LOVE it.. just looking at it. I also LOVE having money. See the distinction. Having money doesn't mean you can't/won't enjoy simple pleasures. The whole thing behind the blog was ppl desire to get it but look at the foolery that comes with it. And most importantly...Besides living comfortably.... What's the underlying desire? The meaning was much deeper than what i wrote.. I guess i should have laid it all out completely then it would make for better understanding. :-/ (I'm mad I'm listening to B.M.F lol.... what is going on with the $$$ coincidences today? lol)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see what your saying now... In my mind all the foolishness that comes along with the paper chase is really just part of the cost of doing business its unfortunate but unavoidable like a nessacary evil. As far as peoples underlying motivation past living comfortably is greed .. At least n my expierence but also a lot that goes into it is that living comfortably is such a realitive Statement what's comfortable isn't the same for everyone expectations are set based on peoples expierences or lack of thereof. And lol at BMF ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. (See I'm on track this time... I'm listening to Stomp- Kirk Franklin LOL)
    Right everyone's comfortable isn't the same. So let's define comfortable *crosses legs LMAO. Nah seriously tho.. lls
    Anywho.. yea i meant underlying like... they don't have any friends forreal... don't have a love life or a real life period.. Money is indeed their best friend but others don't see that. This was a great discussion... It should have been over a drink or two ....or Three.... or Four.. (ok ill stop LOL)

    ReplyDelete