Wednesday, December 4, 2013

(Personal Post) Happy Birthday Jay-Z...


The beat on this vid is INSANE. I smell a intro to a new album…


…and the intro to this post. Today is Jay’s 44th birthday. Yesterday, he announced on his blog that in lieu of that, he will embark on a challenge to go completely vegan. Read below:


As seen in the video above, the future is here. The future is now. The avenues are open... let's use them. With having 15 studio albums under his belt (3 of which were a collab w/ another artist; 12 all platinum solo albums), clothing lines, President/CEO of a record label, sports agent,fragrance, scholarship fund program, courses about his lyrics, #1 selling author etc. I think it’s extremely safe to say he has accomplished most of what others can only dream of at the age 44. “But I’m just a hustler disguised as a rapper”. There are
folks who refuse to give Shawn Carter credit for all that he’s accomplished. That’s fine. The respect will always be there. Whether you accept it or not..."Oh you not feeling me? Fine. It cost you nothing. Pay me no mind..."
Someone asked me not too long ago, why do I like Jay-Z? I’m thinking nxgga why don’t you (lol). They even had the audacity to say 'he doesn’t talk about anything'. Pause. “Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it?”. Not only is Jay-Z’s wordplay impeccable…I guarantee there are bars that til this day have gone completely over your head. Some people just 'don't get it' and I recognize that. My sentiments remain the same though. Jay-Z will always be my favorite rapper and icon for not only the mental nourishment of double/triple entendre’s and so forth, BUT because he stayed true to himself no matter what. Even with his great success and meetings with people of power etc., he still talks the same … he still acts the same.. he’s still Jay. What you see from each aspect is what you get. “This is Jay every day, no compromise”. While remaining himself, don’t get that confused with smarts. Over the years, we have watched him mature greatly and learn from each step apart of the way. From that, he's incorporated those special tools along with his street smarts to get where is he is today, however none of that hasn’t changed his character of who he is. I look up to that greatly. Working in corporate America here, I often battle that; folk ‘changing’ to play into 'the game' to try and get a few extra dollars or recognition and still result result in treatment as just a color. As Ye says… “Even if you in a benz, you still a NIGGA in a coupe”.Hov remained himself and STILL made it to the top. “Build ya fences…we digging tunnels.. can’t you see we getting money up under you” . Highly admirable. It displays to myself and all the people around who feel trapped, that there is STILL hope. You don’t have to compromise yourself... instead be smart (in more ways than one).Beat them at their own game. With all that being said, this is WHY he gets nonstop love on here from me. What's next? I'm not sure, but I'm always looking forward to it. I know he’ll probably never read this.. but that won’t stop me from continuing to post on December 4th every year. So to you… Jay-Z… Mr. Shawn Corey Carter…

44 4's muthafxcka...


Happy Birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment