Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Womens' Empowerment Wednesdays :: 10 Yr Old CEO Mikaila Ulmer - Rec'd $60,000 investment for BeeSweet Lemonade


My mom is all in to ABC's show 'Shark Tank'. I'm sure she caught the episode. Last Friday, Mikaila Ulmer appeared on the show to pitch her business- BeeSweet Lemonade. BeeSweet Lemonade is 100% fresh-squeezed lemon juice (not concentrated) sweetened with primarily local honey in addition to some 100% cane sugar. Organic mint and flaxseed, are also added, to make the beverage a healthier choice.
Mikaila succeeded on 'Shark Tank' and accepted the offer from mogul/FUBU CEO Daymond John in the amount of $60,000 for a 25% stake in her company. (Press Release) "Partnering with Mikaila made perfect sense. She’s a great kid with a head for business and branding. She’s got a great idea, and I’m happy to help take BeeSweet to the next level.”

Another one of our little Queens making a positive mark in the world! Read her story after the jump::



"When I was just four, my family encouraged me to make a product for a Children's business competition (the Acton Children’s Business Fair) and Austin Lemonade Day. So I put on my thinking cap. I thought about some ideas. While I was thinking, two big events happened.
•I got stung by a bee. Twice.
•Then my Great Granny Helen, who lives in Cameron, South Carolina, sent my family a 1940's cookbook, which included her special recipe for Flaxseed Lemonade.

I didn't enjoy the bee stings at all. They scared me. But then something strange happened. I became fascinated with bees. I learned all about what they do for me and our ecosystem. So then I thought, what if I make something that helps honeybees and uses my Great Granny Helen's recipe?

That's how BeeSweet Lemonade was born. It comes from my Great Granny Helen's flaxseed recipe and my new love for bees. So that's why we sweeten it with local honey. And today my little idea continues to grow."

It was a sweet success from the start. Year-after-year, Mikaila, sells-out of her BeeSweet Lemonade at youth entrepreneurial events while donating a percentage of the profits from the sale of her lemonade to local and international organizations fighting hard to save the honeybees. That is why she touts: Buy a Bottle…Save a Bee..

Read more at BeeSweetlemonade.com  


Related Post- Womens Empowerment Wednesdays :: 10 Year Old Math Prodigy, enrolls into College … #BlackHistoryMonth


Previous Post- Womens Empowerment Wednesdays :: Meet Aja Brown - the youngest Mayor elected in the City of Compton.

No comments:

Post a Comment