Monday, December 4, 2023

{Personal Post} PHOTOS: The Book of HOV Exhibit | Brooklyn, NY


don't talk to me 'bout MCs got skills
he's alright, but he's not real
Jay-Z's that deal.

The fam and I headed up to Brooklyn for this double joyous occasion.  I went into detail about my emotions towards the exhibit when announced in the July post.  Those feelings I expressed and shared intensified upon arrival.  Just incredible.  

I don't think you understand what type of event this is.

Seriously. 
Like above, this post will be filled with Hov bars from several songs to convey.  I stand by the saying that it's one for everything.  
Let's get into it.
A celebration indeed.  The Book of HOV.  

But NONE of y'all muhfxckas could fool with me.

excluding NOBODY.



Welcome to the... Jay-Z extravaganza

I just run the town, I'ont do too much joggin
We here baby!


But you know she love Jay because...
she love everything Jay say, Jay does





Critics might not admit it, but nobody in rap did it
quite like I did it


So, there seemed to be a glare on mostly anything when taking a photo.  It was interesting because I was thinking internally like damn this that and the third.  Later, I was in one of the rooms and there was a guy with an actual camera moving around how I was.  I said "you're trying to get the glare out right?" and he's like yea!!! etc etc and we started talking about even with angles, on a lot of them, it seemed inevitable.


RIP Colleek

My house like a resort, my house bigger than yours
my spou(se)... c'mon man



Rocawear, 80 mil, like... 18 months





Bro pulled his Rocafella 1s out for the occasion and whaddya know...  
they were in the exhibit.

These tickets are important to meee because I was at this exact show (blogged about it here) and still have my ticket stub.  Out of all the times I've seen Jay live, seeing him in Brooklyn was unmatched.



More fire, more Rocawear attire




Ya'll nxghas truly ain't ready for this Dynasty thing.
Bro fit went crazy.


...type to buy a Rollie and just ice my shxt


Speaking of shxt, this was mine.

I have always been and still am team Amil.  Whenever I see her, even if it's a photo, I'm showing love.  Plus, 4daFam and I Got That is still in rotation in 2023.  True story.

Don't call me Hov no more
call me the Blueprint






I bought this the day it came out like any other Jay release.  This was my second reminder in the past couple of weeks that I should reread mine.

It's something DJ Quik adds to this beat that is bananas!!  I can't describe the sound, but if you know what I'm talking about... you know what I'm talking about.

I don't mean to boast, but damn if I'ont brag

You know me well...
In 03, I was actually gifted an amazing hand drawn version of Hov on the XXL cover (to the Left of my hat).  It's currently by my piano/keyboard.  S.o. to Tone (rip)


You won't believe how many of these are actually at the crib right now.  Take a guess.

The world's most infamous...




They call me William H
the All-Time great





:)



A time.  You really had to be there.  Dirt got the album early and blessed me.  I flew to Miami this weekend... July 4th weekend to be exact.  They were playing cuts from this joint in KOD that Monday and I was already rapping the words to each and every one.  Folks was like damn bih, it just came out lol.  Good times.

...baby, welcome to the dark side.


competition is nadaaaaa






Can't you tell how happy I am lol.







It gets tedious, so I keep one eye open like...



You remember the infamous scene from Fade to Black where Ye' is playing Hov beats in the studio?  
Yea.

Hov's the audio equivalent to braille


















Afternoon snax.



I was tickled pink.  It was like whenever I leave a concert of his, but in an introspective way.  They did such an awesome job..  It was so much stuff... imagine all the photos that didn't make the blog.  Said it before and I'll say it again, so glad he got his flowers to a level of this magnitude AND at home.





Who you know like Hov?

Happy Birthday.





No comments:

Post a Comment