Monday, February 13, 2012

RIP Whitney Houston


I was completely devastated when I heard the news Saturday evening.  I went to visit my mom and I must say.. I haven't seen her with that facial expression since Phyllis Hyman died.  This one hurt. 
We were all routing for her.  Many fault Whitney and shine the negative, but we ALL fall short of the glory of God.  The important thing was that... she never forgot who was important (God and her family).. and got back on track.  It saddened me to think of what her daughter Bobbi Kristina is going through.  I can't fathom the feeling.  Her mom... and her ex-husband Bobby Brown, who just lost his dad not too long ago.  Factors like that are what break my heart the most... aside from.. someone being gone forever.. *sigh. 
 They haven't released an autopsy report but many of course are speculating the worst (per her previous drug addiction).  I pray that's not what happened, but I will say... I am happy she returned to the Lord and her roots with him before all of this happen.  I'm at peace that HE called her home.
However... I won't post any tracks or footage of Whitney for this one.  Close ones know I still listen to at least two songs from the Preacher's Wife sdtk. everyday... and adored several of her ballads.  I can't handle either of them now.  It's weird that I was in the mall earlier that day in the food court and they were playing "I wanna dance with somebody" on the screen.  Who knew.. that hours later..the news would report she passed away.  
Needless to say... not only was she a LEGEND and ICON in the music industry... but she touched a lot of people's lives. 
She will be missed.


"If I should die... this very day..
Don't cry...
Cause on earth I wasn't meant to stay"-
Whitney Elizabeth Houston
August 9, 1963- February 11, 2012

My prayers/condolences go out to her family and loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment