Monday, February 10, 2014

"College Dropout" 10th Anniversary : Never-before-seen footage + NIKE Air Yeezy II 'Red October' shoes released without Warning

Ye' : They doing a documentary on me
Girl: They doing what?
Ye': a documentary on me
Girl: On you?
Ye':Yea.
Girl: Why???


Back in 2004, (damn time flies), Kanye's debut album 'College Dropout' was released to the masses. It nearly reached gold status its first week selling approx. 441,000 copies. Current reports reflect the album has sold 4Million copies worldwide. His career only went UP from there!


I asked myself what was my favorite song on 'College Dropout'. It was a tough selection but I narrowed it down to, I would have to say...Two Words. I couldn't classify 'Jesus Walks'. That song means much more to me. What's your favorite song from the album? 


Some unreleased footage hit the waves this weekend courtesy of Billboard. Let's travel back to 2004 and watch a vid as they chronicle the actual footage of the 'polaroid' moments you witnessed in the 'Through the Wire' video : studio session with Pharrell, Deray and his memorable line... 'Without an arm I spit', The lady dancing in the carry out, the wires getting removed from his mouth and much more. I'm glad this was released now as I feel it would be more appreciated. With that, being said.. watch the clip directed by Coodie and Chike below:

I bet the lady who took his order and didn't know who he was, KNOWS who he is now.. and never forgot that moment. It seems that in lieu of this anniversary, not only was the footage release strategically placed... but so was the release of his highly anticipated NIKE Air Yeezy II 'Red October' shoes.
Without a heads up or warning yesterday, NIKE unleashed the NIKE Air Yeezy II 'Red October' shoes to the masses. That sent the net into a frenzy and the $245 shoe sold out within minutes. While I witnessed Mr. West RANT about NIKE not respecting him etc. and why he signed with Adidas, It seems he has apologized and their relationship may have been patched. "I’m still gonna do music but I really do feel honored to have had the chance to blow Yeezy up with Nike and I really appreciate everything they did for me. I’m not knocking them on the way out or burning no bridges, you know, I apologize for my frustration earlier. I just think it’s time. It’s go time. It’s turn up time."



I'm not sure if they will have another release of the shoe or if that's it, but if you missed out and want to pay ridiculous prices... check eBay. In the meantime, let's celebrate the anniversary and vibe out to some old Yeezy today.

'..So I live by two words: fuck you. pay me.'



s.o. to TeamKanyeDaily

1 comment: