Tuesday, October 17, 2023

{Personal Post} PHOTOS: Water Lantern Festival 2023


Usually every time I catch wind of this festival (and the other where you release them in the air), the tickets are sold out.  Not this year though.  Continuing with pre-birthday festivities, I went to the Water Lantern Festival before my trip.  They give you the tools and you create your own lantern.  Full creative control.  A comforting spirit was floating in the air...


but hold on... let's rewind. 

The festival was two months ago.  It started on this day.




Several affirmations upon walk in.  Just in case you needed a reminder.



You saw them clouds.  I was prepared just in case...





Yums galore.





Vendors too.

Kouture Finds





Their energy was so infectious.  Love!  Two sistahs doing their thang.  I had to support!  Copped the Sweet Peach Fantasy wax cubes.


In case you were pondering the meaning behind that one.

They had a jar where you could enter 'words of advice/encouragement to a baddie'.  Here's what I wrote.

Placed it in the jar.  I'mma circle back to this at the end.



Sky started to open up.

Ummm it's raining raining.  It didn't stop either.  The rainfall got more consistent and aggressive to the point they had to shut the festival down. They did announce that a make-up date would be sent out and the tickets would be honored then.


2 months later.....

Back!  No rain, but it was unseasonably cold and windy.  F it we ball.



Laid across my blanket catching the vibes.  If I'm not mistaken... Godspeed by Frank was on at this moment.  It's interesting because during the first date, I was unsure of what I would write and said it would 'come to me' when I was there.  This time around, the words were placed on my heart instantly.


In between that time from the initial one, I lost someone very close to me.  Unc.  I def had to put one up for him.


It was less vendors at this one, but more vibes.

I took a picture of one of mine before I sent it off in the water.  

They did the release in waves (no pun intended).




Zoom in.  Wow.

Mine is sailing on now.


One more photo for the road.

Circling back to earlier.  So the jar @ the Edible Gemz table was a contest and guess who won :)
I had an early birthday present shipped to me.

"Wanderlust: It's giving passport stamps baddies!  It's giving curiosity, exploration, and turning dreams into reality.  Wanderlust also gives calm, grounding, and internal peace.
Ft. Moroxite: enhances joy, reduces stress, deepens wisdom + communication, promotes focus, intellect + concentration power."

How fitting for me.  Thank you!!! @ediblegemz


Birthday countdown.  Next stop, Tokyo....




No comments:

Post a Comment