Sunday, October 1, 2023

Time Warp... 2003: Fallen | Mya


Circa 2003.
Kicking off the month with a time warp from my fellow Libra sister.  Fallen was a single off her third album Moodring.  Arguably, it could be my favorite Mya song.  Such a great record.  During press for the Moodring release, she had an album signing at a record store in Hyattsville, MD.  As an avid Mya fan who had and knew both previous albums front to back, I was there waiting in line to meet her.  She had a Moodring calendar, also.  When I met her, I told her that my birthday was the day after hers and asked could she sign there.  She smiled and was cool about it.  She signed Happy Bday and her name in between the 10th and 11th on the October calendar.  Moodring hit its 20th anniversary this year.  I wish that second bridge breakdown was featured on the album (water scene).  It still goes crazy.
My head's up in the clouds...





No comments:

Post a Comment