Monday, October 23, 2023

{Personal Post} PHOTOS: The Temple | Tokyo, Japan (Pt. 1)


Rather than country hopping again for my birthday this year, I decided on one country... Japan!  City specific: Tokyo.  They are 11hrs ahead of Eastern Standard Time, so while we left here during day light, it shortly turned dark there after landing.  It was like pitch black by 5pm.  I wanted to get some culture in the first day and visit the Sensō-ji Temple; the oldest temple in Tokyo. That's a good place to start...



Hellloooo Tokyo.

If whatever city I'm visiting has a major metro system, best believe I'm on it.   Can literally get anywhere and everywhere.


All over the world.

Roaming for food.

Udon, my love.  
It was soooooo good.

Wu-Tang Forever.


I didn't know they had these over there.


...and to further my surprise, they all sold beer/wine and liquor.



Skytree.


Flashing Lights.




I liked the way it looked.  The taste was pretty decent.

Loitering.

We've arrived at the Temple.

Kin-Ryu- the goddess statue.
the personification of the dragon God symbolizing Senso-ji.  









heiwa.

At this particular part of the Temple, you pray and leave a donation in between the metal boards.



A special prayer for year 36.


kangae.




Baby.

The Colonel was closed.  I would've loved to see what their chicken was hittin on.


For all my "The Wiz" fans.  It was the very first thought.








Everything seemed to be closed, except a random Turkish Sis place.  Oddly, they were out of meat?
Fries will do. 




Wandering.

While we were on the elevator headed up to our room, I noticed... it was now 10/11, my birthday :)
Time for shenanigans!  Stay tuned for Pt. 2




No comments:

Post a Comment