Sunday, October 1, 2023

{Personal Post} PHOTOS: "A Night Circus" #ArtAllNight


Kid in a candy store.  Carnivals/Arcades/Theme Parks all that good stuff are totally my jazz.  For sure, one of my happy places.  Washington D.C. started holding an annual event called Art All Night.  It's where there are countless of Art installations, exhibits, festivities and so forth in the entire city; at one time for one night.  I went to "A Night Circus".  This event featured carnival games, flame performers, face paint, airbrush tattoos, jugglers, aerialists, magicians, and interactive art activities etc.  DJ Divine had the place bumpin.  Join in on the fun and walk with me through the circus...


first thing's first.  a stop at the L store.




if you read this in Latifah voice, you're my kind of people.

well hellllloo.

she was really good.



I've never had this done before and figured, why not?

HAHA.  Thanks Dan.


unmonitored.


a little foam party never hurt anyone.













I arrived when it first started, so I was able to see the beginning of this.  You'll see the final product towards the end.


they know the vibes.

Mr. Corey's Face Painting & Airbrush Tattoos got me right. 

a little razzle dazzle.


free food

:)

besos.

Gone Fishin.  I caught two.

and hit the 5000 hole twice on my turn.  Yuh.








you could make custom art at this station.  after I finished, I wandered off for a bit while mine dried.  

more difficult than it looks.  I got the hang of it though, then it became fun.


circling back to earlier, here's what it looked like just a few hours later.  

you know I had to tag it.

...and the side walk.

animal balloons.

I was getting one made just for the fun of it and then this little hand approached.  she was in awe.  I gave mine to her.





enough time had passed and I went back to pick up my art.  voila.

they were looking for volunteers to stand in the middle of them juggling; throwing the pins to one another.  they didn't have to look far.  I obliged immediately.




Fin.






No comments:

Post a Comment