Thursday, December 2, 2010

"A Gee is what I am.. A JET is what I be..."



I hear constantly that Curren$y should’ve stayed with Young Money...blah blah blah... and he would be so-called “hot” right now. Truth be told...ahem... Curren$y IS HOT.. and HOTTER than he was, in my opinion, when he was signed to Cash Money. His whole approach to music is different...and i LOVE thejet lifelol i know you all remember the post of me waiting hours to see him do a 15min set at lux lol that’s a true fan lls. Although, Pilot Talk 1 and 2 may not have been commercially a success.... to true lovers of music.. they were noticed... & rotated ...


Side Commentary: HEAVILY in my car...witnesses... and a product of that was my lil cousin knowing all the words to “Breakfast” this summer. I was proud lol
... not to mention the appreciation for Curren$y’s new style and trend setting. It was something different and unique... with SUBSTANCE.. I thought to myself.. I like this Curren$y better... it seems he went ahead and did what he wanted to do.. without having the influence of others. He did his THING on both albums...CREATIVELY and LYRICALLY.

Yet and still...
some can’t give credit where credit is due. Just because Young Money is “hot” right now does NOT mean in any way that he would not be in the same situation he was in (put on the backburner). Look how many artists they have on their camp who actually get “Notable” recognition... Scratch out Nicki (who by the way had been around for years before her album dropped) & Wayne..aside from them who you got?...mmhmm I’ll wait. Gudda Gudda had a great singleI don’t like the look of itand a nice lil flow.. although they had to change the instrumental due to the sample not being cleared.. it was still HOT.. yet and still .. no “notable” recogniton... BACK BURNER.
Curren$y decided to speak on the topic of him doing what he does with his music and not changing for ANYONE throwing in their opinions...


"The fact that everybody gives me so much flak for not conforming lets me know that there's a need for this, It's a break from the norm, like, 'Well, I'm gonna keep on doing this. I should give them two before it's done.' Everybody's like, 'Ah, if he would just do a song for the radio.' "I'm trying to show that there's a way to survive without playing that game, without conforming," he continued. "So the fact that I could put three albums out not conforming shows people like, 'Dude, if you think you're right, you're probably right.' Just stick to your guns and eventually it'll all line up ... I am just a living mission statement; I have to do it."- Curren$y

Now in the words of Hov...If you can’t respect that.. your whole perspective is wack...”.. Umm huh... yea... #JETSfool

One of my favs from Pilot Talk 2.... Just press play.. It should be obvious why...




For more on this interview.. check out at MTV.com






No comments:

Post a Comment