Monday, April 18, 2011

Can't Be Superwoman 247- Vent Session...


Even superwoman had to take a break to be Lois Lane again.....


I find myself in these situations.... where I give and give and give. Everyone comes to me for moral support... which I do take pride in... because that means my confidentiality and loyalty is valued. It, also, means that people feel comfortable enough around me to share their deepest & darkest secrets ; open up about their feelings. Unfortunately...... that does take it's toll. I am there for everyone, but when a situation arises.. I look up.. and It's just me. I can't go to those same people to talk about anything. It's like committing social suicide if I do.

I don’t mind being there for people. It actually brings me joy to be able to help others (strangers.. family… etc. doesn’t matter). However… I have to take time for me. When I can have a full conversation with someone about their problems and tell them in the middle like Hey I really can’t talk right now.. I’m crying (in other words letting them know.. hey I’m here for you.. but it’s some stuff I’m dealing with in my own life right now) and they completely disregard that and continue to talk about their issues…without putting them to the side for ONE second to ask what’s wrong or what happened…. RED FLAG!

I just can’t be superwoman to everyone 24/7. There has to be time for “Lois Lane” (my name inserted). If I respond to people the way they usually respond to me, in situations as such, they would not like it one bit. But that’s not my M.O. I wouldn’t do that to people because I know how it feels when it’s done to me. . NO need to compare situations. Bad is bad. I could have just found out.. I have a week to live… but how would you know? Oh beg my pardon.. you must have missed that. I just can't explain enought how overwhelming that is.


I was blessed to have a great conversation with pie yesterday that put everything in perspective. We never knew we had that much in common. Any way… it felt good to actually have someone LISTEN (listening and hearing are two different things) and offer a substantial response as I did/do with them. It was quite refreshing....actually it was really refreshing.

I’m emotionally overwhelmed/drained (and mentally in most instances) with all this tugging and pulling from everyone… and the red flag incident this morning let me know immediately. It’s time to hang up the cape for the day…before "Lois Lane" (my name inserted) isn't recognizable anymore.. and turns into the villain…..


I just have to for once... take care of ME...





"I'd hope you see my face... and that you'd be reminded..."

No comments:

Post a Comment