Thursday, February 24, 2011

Black History Facts- Feb. 19-24

I’ve been on vacation and terribly ill and not able to post. However, that doesn’t mean I wasn’t doing my “homework”. Geez February flew by :-/ !


On February 19, 1992… John Singleton was the first black director nominated for an Academy Award: Best Director and Best Screen Play for Boyz In The Hood


February 20, 1991… African-American’s win EIGHT grammy’s (record)..including 6 by Quincy Jones alone..


February 21, 1965… Malcolm X, AmericanBlack Nationalist, was assassinated.




February 22, 1989- 1st rap grammy awarded to Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff “Parents Just Don’t Understand”


February 23, 1979- Frank E. Peterson, Jr. named 1st black general of the Marine Corps.

February 24, 1864 – Rebecca Lee Crumpler was the 1st black female to receive a M.D. Degree. She graduated from New England Female Medical College



I love my ppl..

2 comments:

  1. I've missed ur post this week fam!! Sorry 2 hear u were under the weather. Hope all is better now. Thanks 4 throwing in dat tidbit on Rebecca Lee Crumpler. Very important fact 2 further show how intelligent and important us sista's are 2 the struggle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your feeling a bit better bug, but thanx for blessing us with the super post to make up cuz like chochina said I def have missed these I look foward to them every day.

    ReplyDelete