Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Topic of Discussion: VDay trippin

Today is the 15th…. although the topic of discussion still seems to be the 14th (Valentine’s day). I’ve never been a fan of valentine’s day (because I’ve never had a good one… which I won’t hope for to change next year because it’ll prob be the same lol). Yet and still… I don’t bash or hate on the holiday because others celebrate. It grinds my gears when I hear ppl bashing “ I don’t care about Valentine’s day. I’m worth more than just a day. I get love all through the year blah blah blah”. Ok.. and?? It’s a holiday that focuses around it. Just like every holiday is once a year and you have a birthday ONCE a year.. I don’t see anyone saying all that foolishness then "i don't celebrate my birthday cause i get gifts all year round".... Oh that’s different huh?... riggghhhhtttt.. smh Moving right along…

I won’t lie at all and say I don’t get sad a little on Valentine’s day. Truth is I do. I hope one day I will be able to share the holiday with someone special who actually reciprocates my love for them and not go unnoticed and feel unappreciated. However, in the midst of that… I don’t hate on the next person and theirs. Why? It’s not their fault my 14th seems to be a groundhog day every year (it repeats itself… with the same lonliness and unappreciated feeling). All the bitterness needs to stop. It’s okay to be mad… to be upset.. to be sad. Yes.. you are entitled to that. But why be like that at other’s relationship? It’s not their fault. The foolishness on my twit timeline is killing me.

You’re the side chick… Fuck Valentine’s Day… all that shit has to stop. Does that make you feel better or are you just seeking attention? Either you wit it(vday) or you not. No need to comment on it. When Christmas come around you don’t see Jehovah’s Witness and any other religion saying all types of foolishness to you for celebrating it.. so don’t do it to any one else… Even on something as simple as… Valentine’s day.

Just a thought…. Have a good day lovies…

It's a cold world out here...

Disclaimer: Oh and let me just clarify… I’m talking about (me) aspiring for the REAL relationships and marriages. Commitment. Not the other foolery that seems to be so popular now a days.
Personal Thought: I want to speak on my own circumstance…. But I won't do that to myself today..

3 comments:

  1. This post is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!! I hope my comment to ur blog yesterday wasn't taken outta context nor was it perceived as me being bitter. I'm all for the folks that have dat special sum1 dat appreciates them throughout the year as well as Feb. 14th!! Props & Praise 2 u all!!! Me personally have never really a significant V-day and Im ok wit dat. I know dat 1 day sum1 will appreciate me 4 da wonderful woman & loving human being dat i am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not at all girl. I replied to it! I reply to all your comments :) And no you're not one of those people... you said how i said.. you're not a fan of it.. why you're not.. and left it at that. No tweets or posts every 5 mins. talkin about "you the side chick" "valentine's day ain't shit" etc. etc unlike SEVERAL others I saw smh. but yea... thanks for commenting fam :-) ! It is appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry i've been quiet the last couple of posts... new job n such.. and then like a dummy today I left my phone at home. So i'm just seeing this as I'm about to log off and go home. Regardless this post is serious as somone who usually doesn't celebrate valentines day (although i did this year) I never did understand why people chose to be bitter. Make it a day to show love to those who do show love to you ... Doesn't have to be someone your in a relationship with could jus be a firends nothing wrong with taking time to say thanx and that your appreciated. With all the energy that people use to hate on a holiday no less I think that there are things that could be doing much better with that information.

    ReplyDelete