Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Women's Empowerment Wednesdays...



Feeling like everything is going your way and can't get any better :)? Or just feeling down about a situation and know someone else who's feeling down too? Let's encourage one another today ladies.
Even if you're feeling down, be a shoulder for someone else. Tell that friend or co-worker that you know is going through a lot right now "Hey i like your outfit" (i.e.). A small compliment like that can brighten their day...even if it's just a tad. Let's be real ladies.. you know how it makes you feel when something of that nature is said to you while you're down or up for that matter .... why not say it to someone else??
Bring the homeless lady on the corner that you always see or that co-worker you pass by that seems to be down something from the store/ break room .."Hey i got you a soda too". Give the lady you see crying a tissue. A nice gesture can go such a long way...
Instead of beating each other down today, which I tend to see often, ENCOURAGE! Don't feed into the usual office gossip (and for those of you in school.. school gossip) "Did you see what such and such has on?... .. You know how she got that promotion right!??" .. STAY AWAY!

We all know how hard it is to deal with just the standard female problems period pun intended and what it feels like to have the weight of the world on our shoulders. Why not help each other out? If you can... even if you're going through yourself... encourage another today in anyway possible(even something as little as a forwarded email of inspiration can do something great). Men help each other out (immediately thinks of James Brown song 'This is a Man's World'). Why can't we do the same? Women's unity is beautiful... and remember ladies.. SO ARE YOU.
xoxo


Sister... you've been on my mind
Sister... we're two of a kind
So, sister... I'm keepin' my eye on you
I betcha think...
I don't know nothin'...
But singin' the blues...
Oh, sister, Have I got news for you...
I'm something...
I hope you think that you're something too...

4 comments:

  1. Why do u always kno how 2 bring a tear 2 my eye?? U be SO on point wit ur posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww fam thanks and I won't lie... I be all sentimental too when I'm typing it on wednesdays *hug lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. tihnk positive in life as mutch as you can if you do this life seems a more positive place

    ReplyDelete