Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Women's Empowerment Wednesdays




It’s a known fact unfortunate but known that everyone doesn’t appreciate everything. Whether it’s your boss… a family member… or significant other etc………. There are times where it just seems like nothing you do is ever good enough. After a while, it begins to take a toll and it hurts to different extents (depending on the situation). Either way.. no one likes to feel that unappreciated.

Being emotional creatures whether we display it or not… we (not all but most) tend to think of this defense mechanism… NOT CARE… SHUT EVERYONE OUT… TREAT PPL HOW THEY TREAT ME.. type of mind frame; with a seek in hoping that everyone else will feel what you feel. Questions ladies… Does that ever work?? I’ve done it so much (attempted and failed lol).. it doesn’t work for me. LOL. I finally realized that being nasty to ppl isn’t going to get me anywhere.. they still won’t feel what I feel. No need to be bitter with innocent bystanders or think that your good deeds and work goes unnoticed. God sees it. He notices...

However, I must add that cutting people out of your life that are toxic or keeping people at a distance (i.e. being cordial with the hello and good mornings… but leaving it at that.. especially in the work place) is NOT the same as being bitter and rude to everyone. There is a distinguished difference… Huge difference.

This song is about not building up a wall because love WILL come. On the other hand, I think the context of the lyrics applies to this as well. Ladies, don’t shut out the world completely. The WORLD didn’t bring you that heart ache… that pain.. or anger (if you know what I mean). No need to not say a simple thank you for someone who holds the door.. or for that matter not hold the door for someone that is behind you. If you’re in one of these slumps… Try being positive this week, regardless of the situation… Know that it will pay off… God sees it… Blessings will come in :-) Karma just doesn’t reap for bad people….

Even if you're not in one of these slumps... always encourage another sistah to get out of hers. Keep your head up darlings… You’re all beautiful :) Hang in there…

YOU GIVE…
AND YOU GIVE…
BUT YOU NEVER SEEM TO GET BACK IN RETURN…
WHAT YOU GIVE…
SO YOUR HEART’S IN FIRST…
THROUGH THIRD DEGREE BURNS…
AND IN THE END…
YOU JUST WANT TO GIVE UP…

YOUR GUARD’S UP…
AND YOUR HEART’S COLD…

YOU’RE HOLDING ON TO PAIN FROM SO LONG AGO…

YOU GOTTA LET IT GO…
YOU GOTTA LET IT GO…


A HEART THAT’S PURE… WON’T BE DENIED….


2 comments:

  1. OMFREAKINGG!!!!! Im convinced.......UR A MIND READER!!! I mean I always knew we came from a family of greatness but DAMN!!! I didn't even have 2 tell u wuz goin on & u nailed it!! Ur post touches da surface of da issues I've allowed to plague my spiritual & emotional growth. Coming to grips with how things really are is kinda scary.....especially if ur facing it alone. Thanks 4 giving me insight as to how I can bring about change in my life. Luv u fam!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks fam and thanks for commenting! I be goin through this stuff that's how i write it.. but I never give details for real for real (cause i'm too private with what goes on)... However.. I am so happy that you liked it and it helped you. That made me feel good to know that I am helping anotha sistah out. We gotta hang in there.. *joins hands LMAOOO. Love you!

    ReplyDelete