Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Christmas was....

Christmas 2011




First off... I hope everyone who celebrates had a great Christmas!  Those who don't... I hope you had a great day!

Normally... The holidays (thanksgiving and especially christmas) bring my mood down.  I'm more of a grinch, although I find joy in buying my family tons of presents, and scrooge etc.  But surprisingly.. this year.. It was completely different.  I had been like that the entire month...however... when the 23rd came and I made my FIRST trip to the store for presents (lol)... the joy of buying the gifts got me in the spirit some.

My family isn't normally around each other, contrary to belief, the entire day of Christmas.  It's a little different from most traditional families.  To my surprise... this year was completely different.  After church service... I went back to my parent's to give the gifts etc.  Nothing made me happier than to see the look on my brother's face when he opened the bag and saw his pair of Concords.  He felt they were impossible to get with the foolishness this year surrounding them.. but I surprised him greatly.  That made me happy.  My mom and dad were both happy with their presents.  It went totally well.




Family I hadn't seen in years came over to my house for christmas breakfast, after I left my parents'.  We actually ended up having a family christmas dinner later.  I received my best surprise soon after that was over and I returned home, that I would have never expected.  I was completely overwhelmed with the day.  It was absolutely wonderful.  I am overly greatful that.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment