Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Marvin.



Melody...
 crept into the soul of me...
Marvin-  I haven't forgotten your birthday today or (unfortunately) your death anniversary yesterday.  I was watching your videos earlier of your live performances and was in awe as usual.  Oh how I wish the weather was nice so I could have grabbed a bottle of brown and sat at the water all night listening to my favs of yours.  My cards weren't dealt that way.  Anywho... I realized there is no way I can go on without a post to celebrate your life and music.  Only a selected few know how much "I luhhh Marvin".  I hope you're up there swaggin it out harmonizing to the ladies.  Tell my Grandmothers and Tony I said Hi.  We're holding it down here on this planet.  Your music lives on.... 
Love music's symphony.    

Marvin Pentz Gay, Jr.
(April 2, 1939- April 1, 1984)

4 comments:

  1. All day ive been on it def a brown liquor day... Chose to stick on the early motown classics.... Plan to end the night with Distant Lover.... Brown liquor night forreal....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds so awesome. His music can reach any emotion... but brown liquor present can set the tone lol.

      Delete
  2. Yep this will be in rotation today.

    ReplyDelete