Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The OF Tape ..Vol. 2.


(Double Cover)
It still boggles my mind to this day.. how I became a fan of the OF camp.  Initially… when I first heard their music.. I had the extreme side eye and hated it.  Who ever thought that I would have actually been excited to receive an official copy of the album days before today (the actual release date).  Again..Shout out to Jeff and Miguel at Soles Inc.

Any who… I was quite pleased with what I heard.  The beats are DEFINITELY there.. and I must say.. surprisingly.. the lyrics seem a bit more “polished” (for lack of a better word).  If you have listened to their music prior to this… then you will have full understanding of what I mean.  In other words... it’s like they are not just saying things for attention or shock value.. but they are actually going in.  Now don’t get me wrong… there are PLENTY of WTF moments… but this is one of those.. that I have popped the cd in the whip and haven’t removed it.  The tape goes.  If you dare… the OF Tape Vol. 2 is available on iTunes and Amazon.

Btw….I haven’t determined my fav. Tracks yet… but I’ll get back with you ;-).  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment