Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Social Network Halt.....






I heard a story not too long ago about them banning social networks on a college campus for a week. They said students were OUTRAGED. So .. i thought to myself (especially with my excessive use of Twitter) i wonder if I can do that?

I realized that i DO NOT by any circumstances want to become DEPENDANT on social networks for comfort when lonely or bored... but rather as a leisure activity if ever i just feel like checking it out. I've seen ppl lives AND personality change over these networks (ridiculously) when if everyone can look back and remember when internet wasn't so accessible ,America Online 3.0, and there was no myspace.. facebook... and no twitter.. What did they do for entertainment??

On Saturday, October 9, 2010, that was the last day i logged into Facebook.
Sunday, October 10, 2010 was the last day i LOGGED into Twitter. Monday, October 11, 2010 (My Birthday :D ) was the last day i twitted.

Now a week later (beginning Monday, October 18, 2010) I logged into both. I posted pictures of my bday weekend... responded to comments and posts... and even so humbly took time out to reply to every last person who inboxed me Happy Birthday (well over 200). I was overwhelmed by the love "This is way too much.. I need a moment"- Ye.

However, it wasn't too long after that... that both twit and fb reared it's ugly head at me. As usual... the negative ppl.. the negative remarks... the negative connotations ALL re-surfaced. And i realized... my week without it wasn't so bad at all. And actually.. I need to spend more time away from it if anything. Sure i had my lonely and bored moments where i was itching to log onto to twitter to occupy myself.. but i digressed and just found something else to do. I seemed to have less worries about certain things when i didn't log on either site. I think i might just keep it that way... Log in only if necessary and NOT for other purposes.... Unless of course... It's to promote a new posting on ADDICTION ;)...

Roaming the streets.. and I see someone tagged my initials on the ground...

2 comments:

  1. Forreal that seems like an expierment that every one need to participate in, jus to take a step back n become a lil less accessible and to not take in so much unnesscary stimulus. If only to take a step back from the drama that social networks can cause as mentioned in ur post its something that im considerin if maybe not a full shutdown a serious step back to take stock of the other things that i have going on and the people who are important the ones i make the effort to actually call or txt as oppsed to jus taklin to people cuz ere time i log on twitter or fb they are costantly in my feed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You log on like every 3 days LOL. I'mjust kidding :) But that's real...you see them on the feed so much you find yourself doing things out of your norm....especially if it's ppl you don't want to see *sideeye. Thanks for the comment shordi lol

    ReplyDelete