Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Women's Empowerment Wednesdays...


Hope my ladies are having a great week! I missed last week's empowerment because I was on travel for work :-/ Unfortunately, I will be missing next week's too because again.. I will be on travel. Therefore, I made sure to post today's. In lieu of MLK day (Monday)....it would be only right to continue with the "movement" theme of empowerment.

Sadly... I don't think I've seen a group of only BLACK female artists of this quantity all join together to compose one great song {I think the last and closest one was "Not Tonight (Ladies Night)" and that came out in '97 please feel free to correct me if you know of any songs after that date }

The power behind the lyrics.... the unity...... and the movement is incredible. If only our artists in this day and age could do things like this...come together in this magnitude... instead of beefing with each other....smh. If they only knew the effect it could have...

Nevertheless, I thought this would be perfect for this week. My message for today is... don't let anyone break you ladies. Not only are you beautiful, but embrace yourself as a person. NEVER forget where you came from...and Don't let ANYONE stop you from where you're going... It's Time to take a stand.... xoxo



We will not bow down to racism
We will not bow down to injustice
We will not bow down to exploitation
I’m gonna stand
I’m gonna stand

Ladies, you got to demand what you want
And what we want is respect, right



No comments:

Post a Comment