Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Time Warp... 1978 : Lost and Turned Out (Olivia) | The Whispers

Circa 1978.
One of my classic grooves. The hint of sample, or similar arrangements sorta speak, in a certain part of the song… I didn’t notice until the other day. I bugged out… just as I do when I catch on to a bar in a song I’ve never peeped before. I didn’t get around to posting it but shared with one of the homies what happened. Didn’t tell the song.. but just shared what happened. Fast forward to this week.. same homie sent me a track late last night saying I would appreciate the sample. I didn’t listen because I KNEW I was going to be up for the rest of the night if I did and decided to give a spin in the morning. The IRONY that the song he sent had the sample ‘arrangements’ I was referencing and he didn’t even know. We always here wit it when it comes to that… another reason why ‘we can’t write left handed’. Get ya slow two step groove on below

Sn: This guy use to sing this to me on the phone my sophomore year in high school lolol. Crazy self.

No comments:

Post a Comment