Thursday, August 5, 2021

{Watch} Trailer:: new Rick James documentary, "Bitchin': The Sound and Fury of Rick James"


this isn't the wizard of oz
there are black people here
and we make music.

We've hung on to the classic Chappelle Show episode of Charlie Murphy's Rick James stories understandably inordinately.  The long overdue official documentary is now here.  SHOWTIME has a history of producing excellent docs in my book.  I.E. Teddy Pendergrass, Hector Camacho, Basketball County: In the Water, Supervillain, Amy Winehouse, and most recently Dick Gregory etc.  All of which I have watched numerous times.  There is no doubt that they will do this one justice as well.  
September 3rd ladies and gentlemen.  Watch the trailer after the jump!



2 comments:

  1. YAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!! I’m here 4 the James Johnson story. Had no clue Showtime did all those doc’s. Makes a list for my viewing pleasure this wknd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Check them out! Especially the Teddy P one. I've watched that at least 20 times lol

      Delete