Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Women's Empowerment Wednesdays

This is a two part message. The first part is to my sistahs that’s just tired of being tired… with everything. Giving their all.. and running ragged. Just feeling completely down. Liberate your mind beauty.. and dust the load off. Free yourself of the burdens. I won’t get too holy… but in simpler terms… It’s up to you to decide… Is it which can be any of your situations worth holding on to? (Grudge.. anger.. stress)? Shake it off and take each day in stride. Oh believe me.. it’s H A R D… but we are all strong. And it’s able to be done. Stop worrying about everyone else and all the bad that has happened and take care of YOU for a change. Liberate your mind from all the foolishness… and start focusing on what matters. Free yourself… Read... digest... these lyrics. Just plain ol' goin through it... Keep your head up love...

Can't worry bout, what a nigga think now see
That's liberation and baby I want it..

How many times i, sit back and contemplate
………………………my story..
My relationship, with my folks is give and take
And I done took so much, not givin my glory

Now have a choice to be who you wants to be
It's left up to me and my momma n'em told me......

I'm so tired, it's been so long - struggling, hopelessly
Seven and forty days....
Ohhhh, I sacrifice every breath I breathe
To make you believe, I'd give my life away...

Oh lord, I'm so tired, I'm so tired
My feet feel like I walked most of the road on my own
All on my own...
We alive or we ain't livin, that's why I'm givin until it's gone
Cause I don't wanna be alone.....

If there's anything I can say, to help you find your way
Touch your soul, make it whole, the same for you and I..

people keep your head to the sky

Shake that load off...
shake that load off...

You get a lot of love cause of what you got
Say they happy for you but they really not

You wanna say wait! but you're scared to ask
As your world starts spinning and it's moving fast

I must admit, they planted a lot of things
In the brains and the veins of my strain

Makes it hard to maintain focus

Dissectin my pride, fool I don't wanna get it started
We be the lionhearted, without a fantasy
It's like that red sprite, you can't imagine it
Unless you lookin at the canvas of life
And not through the peephole of mortality
Single minded mentality
Gettin over on loopholes
Gettin paid two-fold on technicalities
Clickin your heels, scared to bust how you feel
Pack the steel
Pickin cotton from the killing fields with no toe
I don't we in kansas no mo' though.....


Part two is for my sistahs who are just plain out there doing any and everything. Not giving a damn about furthering themselves in life with a career or education but simply worried about this dude money and that dude money… trickin.. and doin whatever … trying to “impress” ppl .. that DON’T give a shit. I’ve encountered three ppl that I’ve known for a while today and it hurt me that they had so much potential, but yet they chose to be trifling and think that shit is ok. Excuse my frustration… but its sistahs like you that make us all look bad. Now if you need help… and will admit it.. that’s fine.. But to plain ol’ walk around and be content with all the drama .. foolishness.. trifling shit… that I have a problem with. I could go into details… but trifling is self explanatory. Get it together my sistah. You’re a part of the reason why females are labeled and looked at as they are today…You’re too beautiful and worth much more than you could ever imagine…

Midwest or dirty south Clean dressed or dirty mouth
As you downplay your glory....

Cacklin, helpin the shacklin of your brethern happen...

Libertad..


Both has really hit home today….

BTW... you know when I say sistahs.. color or creed isn't a factor. ALL women.
You’re all beautiful ladies…. Liberate yourselves.



2 comments:

  1. Shake dat load off shake dat load off shake dat load off shake dat load off!!! Let the church say AMEN!!! The doors of the church are now open.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kim .. Won't you come (LOL)

    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete