Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Women's Empowerment Wednesdays :: Race Jones | V.Bozeman ...#BlackHistoryMonth

I'm black in your face
and I'm black when you turn your back...

...a work in progress
a work of art...

...I often imagine
My skin being lighter
And the sun shining brighter
My hair being longer
And somewhere I belong to
A house being bigger
And not being a NIGGER
!...


...then it gets in my eyes and I can’t see
And my friends love me so much
That they afraid to say that it ain’t me
But they let me fake it
Because they still need me to make it
Give them a piece of your mind
And not your heart
Because they’ll break it...

I’LL ACCEPT IT
FOREVER. AND. EVER.
I’LL BE… I’LL BE…
BLACKER THAN BLACK

The empowerment behind this song AND visual.
Bold. Powerful.
Embrace your heritage. Embrace your BLACKness. Be PROUD.




Side Commentary : Just thought I'd add a few fun facts. For those who watch the new show 'Empire', you may have noticed this is the same singer from the opening episode that chillingly belted out a heart felt tune. She is, also, one of Timbaland's (the music producer) artist. Cee-Lo Green wrote this track. He nailed it.. She EXECUTED it.



Previous Women's Empowerment Wednesdays Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment