Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Understanding... (Women's Wednesday)



After a while… a woman gets tired… fed-up.. frustrated.. all thee above . A woman like myself doesn’t ask for much. Is showing affection, caring, and at LEAST attempting to understand too much to ask for?? What do you do when everything you say seems to go unheard, unnoticed, and misunderstood??... unless it’s derogatory (a reaction seems to happen then *sideeye)??


It’s the toughest to deal with. How do you continue to make it through? To stick by someone regardless of their tasteless flaws (i.e. lying to you, belittling your character etc.) because of their own insecurities; stick by someone regardless of their situation (having their back to the umpteenth degree); and most of all make it your main goal to understand this person. To endure all of those things strictly out of love… {Ladies put on a façade if you want “oh that’s not love.. that’s stupidity”… but look at it this way … you ALL have been there before.. and you ALL know that if you did not LOVE the person… the stupidity would not have come into play } with the exception of ppl who just endure because they are afraid to be alone… a whole ‘nother story


To display your love for this person unconditionally no matter who’s around, bend over backwards for them in several ways which they don’t deserve, and always be there even when they’re wrong……. To do all of these things and the only time get “attention” when something negative happens or when they try to point a finger at you? Not cool at all. Otherwise if something positive is flowing…. Showing that I’m unappreciated is your course…. And you’re getting an A in the class.

Ladies this has been on my mind today. We can’t help but nurture… but after a while… is the constant nurture worth the constant hurt?? Now we do have some good men out there ….somewhere but this isn’t about them. It’s about women who use to know a good man but somewhere along the way.. he got comfortable and let the ways of the world consume him.

Me and this thing called love… I’m not really a fan. Extreme heartache… bitterness.. and every other negative thing you can thing of has grown on my heart from it. Not just from men… but from relationships with ppl period. As much as I yearn to be loved… It seems I’ve experienced a hell of a lot more of the downside.. and it shouldn’t be that way.

I have never been so misunderstood in my life compared to these days. When I say what I mean… no one LISTENS… and when I’m playing around & joking… they want to take me seriously. And even most… when I say/do positive shit… no reaction, appreciation.. nothing. But oh if it’s derogatory… best believe I’m getting all the texts, calls, and e-mails. Smh. You can’t imagine what goes through my head after a while…
“They ain’t crazy.. they don’t know how insanity feel”- Kanye’

“Breaking Point” is the only phrase I know to describe what it seems I am going through right now with EVERYONE. I am a STRONG, EMPATHETIC, and INTELLIGENT woman who deserves 10x more than what I actually get (from several). And you know what… quite frankly.. I’m TIRED OF IT (specifically from certain ppl).
“I done gave love and got no commission… (not even a little)- Fantasia

All we want is for someone to understand and to feel loved & appreciated. (“I understand”- Dwele , “Woman”- Raheem DeVaughn) Is that so hard? ...
"What I need from you is un-der-stand-ing"- Xscape



To my sisters & women out there who are feeling kinda down today about their (love) situation…. Keep your head up… dry your eyes… and show off your beautiful faces. You deserve better…. God has something better in store for all of us…. Ladies you’re loved.


“I get no raises .. or no benefits.. to stay with this establishment… I’m gone………….This is my Two Weeks Notice"





3 comments:

  1. This post was sensational~It was real! I think that people need to realize what they have, everyone's always after the next thing, the next best thing, the next come-up. People need to learn how to deal with what they have...Flaws, disfunction, arguments, fights, love, sex, cheating,whatever. You never realize what you have until it's no longer there at your disposal. Have you ever thought that maybe your looking for love in all the wrong people & all the wrong places? How do you know that someone you've crossed paths with...wasn't the one? Someone you never paid any attention too? Love is a risk takers game...Take risk...The one risk you take...might be what you've always wanted and always been looking for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Queen Cupcake

    First and foremost...Thank you for reading and adding your comment! I appreciate it! :-) I agree with you. Love IS a risk! And ppl are so afraid most times they lose a really good person. Someone's loss is another's gain. I just wanted my ladies to know... Someone out there understands what they are going through.. Instead of acting the way we do towards each other during these times...we should lift each other up. Thank you again for reading. Your comment was phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Dolcezza**Sw33t

    Thank you! I'm a huge fan of your blog...more than you know! Anyway...to comment on your comment...I think that women in our society are less concerned about each other for many reasons (most reasons are silly & shouldn't be reasons at all) but non the less. We find reasons to be angry and bitter towards each other. Push each other away, become jealous and build hatred towards each other, rather than (like you said) uplifting each other and being each others backbones. We as women...should never let anything come between us! We built this country and the lives of everyone in it..on our backs and on our emotions! As far as your comment in your blog about your relationship>>> I am a Black women! But one thing about being a black women that kills me and rocks me to my core everyday is that we are so emotionally guarded because of everything that we constantly and consistently are compared too (white women, asian women, each other) and the standards we are put up against that when we are in a relationship or trying to find love, we find something wrong with it. Instead of embracing it & nuturing it, we push it away. No relationship is easy! No relationship is perfect! It all depends on if you LOVE that person. If you feel that person? If you see that person in your dreams and when you close your eyes at night? If the relationship you are in...is unsatisfactory...continue to work on it! Work towards what you want! No male is perfect! No female is perfect! You have to make the relationship...what you want it to be...Mold it! or you leave it...If you don't see that person in your life 2-5 years from now...Love'em and leave em!

    ReplyDelete