Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Golden Ticket!

I’VE GOT THE GOLDEN TICKET!!


(sings)… “Cause I’ve got the Golden Ticket! , It’s ours Charlie!” – Grandpa Joe, Willa Wonka
It’s finally here. And of course… I found a way through all of my madness to get one. I can’t help it.. I love the guy.

Look at it... (Gloria Carter's voice from December 4th) Isn't that special??? :D

"I got into art about 5 years ago or so. I got a couple [of Warhol's]. I have one of the Rorschach over my fireplace in my living room," Jay-Z revealed to Howard Stern. "It's all about art. I try to buy things that resonate with me….."

Side commentary : Now I hope the Rorschach art he was referring to over his fireplace is STRICTLY in reference to Andy Warhol’s . I’ve seen other pieces of Rorschach art… and it kinda creeped me out (well not really… but it is nothing I would want hanging up in my living room.. bedroom.. Any room :-/)

Hov’s admiration for Warhol's art work helped him get the rights to use the iconic painter's famous work of art for the cover of Decoded."We called the Andy Warhol estate, they cleared it one day which was amazing," – Jay-Z
Creditors: allhiphop.com, cnn.com
Side commentary: I've had an UNBELIEVABLE day.... Just terrible. This was the only thing to make me smile...

NOW….


Last night please spare me the reminder of embarrassment my Skins had with that terrible performance on MNF Hov gave and EXCLUSIVE interview/conversation with Prof. Cornel West

and Paul Holdengräber at New York Public Library (a SOLD OUT affair) on his book DECODED and the Importance of Context in Hip Hop. I watched it from start to finish and just as excited as if I was there. Incase you missed it, you can watch again here:
oh FYI.. it’s almost a 2hr long stream

He was also featured on CNN discussing....
well i'll let you watch.. :)



Again I ask...



Who you know like Hov????


No comments:

Post a Comment