Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11....Ten years later

I thought about posting pictures is rememberance of the victims.. the families... the events... but I couldn't bring myself to do it.  Though ten years later, the pain still strikes the same.  I remember EVERYTHING that took place that day... down to many intricate details.. and still hurt whenever I'm reminded of it. 


Aside from personal emotions, I had a close friend and classmate who's father worked in the Pentagon.  His life was amongst the many that were taken.  I'll never forget her mother's voice {two days later} when I called to check on the family.  It makes my skin cringe to even think about it.  I can't imagine the pain that was felt.  Even now... it still hurts to send her a message on that day to check on everyone and let them know that they are in my prayers.  It's tough.


The good thing (i like to shine light on ANY situation) is that... race.. color... gender... None of that mattered anymore on that day.  Americans came together to comfort and help each other.  As one.  Something.. we always hoped for it's unfortunate that the event had to take place though.. in order to open eyes. 


Who am I to be blind?
Pretending not to see their needs...


If you wanna make the world
A better place
Take a look at yourself
And make a change






My thoughts.. condolences... and prayers.. go out to ALL who were effected by the 9/11 tragedy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment