Wednesday, September 7, 2011

MAZE member|RIP McKinley "Bug" Williams


Anyone who KNOWS me... KNOWS I LOVE Frankie Beverly & MAZE.  It hurt me this morning to hear that the percussionist, McKinley "Bug" Williams, passed away.  I hated to pass the news onto one of my friends a MAZE lover like myself because I knew they would feel the same.  *Sigh.

Williams died of an apparent heart attack in Chattanooga, TN after practicing for their concert there.  It was reported that Williams was not feeling well during practice and decided to go back to his room.  It was there, he was found unresponsive.

A native from Philadelphia... McKinley "Bug" Williams was a lifelong friend of lead singer Frankie Beverly.  Being there from the very beginning, Bug was there when Frankie transitioned a group called "The Butlers" to what is now known as MAZE.

I can only imagine how hurt and full of grief everyone is.  My prayers & condolences go out to the them and the Williams family. 

 



Gone.. but not forgotten
s.o AccessAtlanta

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize his name was "Bug" i'm so hurt... you know we have serious memories rockin out with them at concert and at tha house, in the car...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes man... we did. ESPECIALLY the Concert...that one goes in the books. I thought whole time they were saying "Bud" smh. Thanks for commenting! Things won't be the same :-(

    ReplyDelete
  3. To say I'm hurt right now is to say the least. We both know how and why we got n2 listening 2 them in the 1st place. He was a true musician and a master at his craft. My prayers go out to the fam!

    Rest In Paradise

    ReplyDelete