Monday, April 10, 2023

{Personal Post} PHOTOS: Thierry Mugler "Couturissime" Exhibit


An exhibit dedicated solely to the late world renowned French fashion and creative designer, Manfred Thierry Mugler.  Featuring over 100 outfits, photos, and video reels, art/fashion lovers were able to 'walk through' Mugler's prominent career (1962- 2022).  Edge.  Fantasy.  Eroticism.  Glamour.  Daring.
Take a glimpse through my lens of some of my favorites...



I have a couple of these from over the last 10 years.  If you followed from the "Fresh, Fly, and Fabulous: Fifty Years of Hip Hop Style" post, you know this is the only way I was able to make it on time to my ticket time slot.  

Virtual reality.




Career timeline.  

There were two girls going back and forth about who wore the dress on the left. One of them were correct.  Kylie Jenner wore this entire ensemble from his 1995 and 1999 couture collection(s).


 



All I could envision was Beyonce.







You'll see who wore this below.  It will surprise you...


...Ms. Celine Dion

The Carters vibes.  Iykyk.


Ms. Naomi Campbell

George Michael's 'Too Funky' music video on loop in the background.  

Backstory.



All tire.





Reminded me of an America's Next Top Model episode where they were asked to do a shoot on a ridiculously tall building. 

Ms. Iman

Fragrances.










I loved the back of her jacket.  



A projector showing a montage of his many many fashion shows.  Thierry Mugler knew how to put on an EVENT.

At the end of the exhibit, there were blank tabs and pencils provided for you to leave a message.
The back of mine featured promo nonetheless.

The front... I tried my best to sketch an outfit as homage.

For Thierry.


Well done.


Can you guess where I'm headed?



S.o. to Fanny for tweeting about this one day.  
Ya'll know I love noodles.  Udon included.  I had to check it out for myself.

It was packed, so I sat at the bar.

I promise you... as unseasoned and bland as it looks... it was the complete opposite.  
The broth was HITTIN.



Never a dull moment in Times Square.



Finally stopped raining.


NY you were good to me.  Until next time...


Thank you to the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts.
Brooklyn Museum.
Maison Mugler.
Ellen Von Unwerth.
 Lillian Bassman.
David LaChapelle.
Guy Bourdin.
Sarah Moon.
Helmut Newton.
Pierre et Gilles.
Herb Ritts.

and last but not least...
the one and only
Thierry Mugler.  
Sleep peacefully.




No comments:

Post a Comment