Monday, November 20, 2023

{Personal Post} PHOTOS: Dreams of Triumph 'Dreamsgiving' Pop-Up Shop x The Cosmic Slop Experience


Two events, one evening.  I started at the Dreams of Triumph Pop-Up shop event to support my homie Val and his fashion brand.  90s Karaoke and Denim were the theme this time.  After, I headed to The Cosmic Slop Experience.  This year marks the 50th anniversary of that Funkadelic album.  I had a pleasant surprise there, but we'll get to that.  Let's start with "Dreamsgiving"...







I went with Denim Tears.



He hit transitions out of this world man.  I definitely let him know that.  JAMMIN.
DJ Runningoutoflines.
















LBM.





You know me.  Before I ended up at the next event, I began to wander and whaddyaknow?  I stumbled right into some art.

Aside from this vintage R.E. poster being dope as is, Thhanksgiving is just days away
... which makes me seeing it now, dope 2x.



Bria Edwards: More Time In A Day
(Curated by Lauren Davidson)

Loved every piece.











Significant to ME because a song I'm fond of, Kadhja Bonet's 'Remember the Rain', came on.  It felt like a movie scene for reasons undisclosed. 







That unexpected intermission between the two was a perfect segue.

Next stop...
#Cosmicslop50th


A celebration for the 50th anniversary of Funkadelic's Fifth Studio album.  Produced by Tonysha Nelson, George Clinton's granddaughter and Curated by Zavier Croft.  Atomic Dog was blaring prior to my entry.  Mothership Konnection was serenading when I walked in.











Of course, I opted for 'Gangsters Only'.  He told me it was strong.
He was right.  No complaints here. lol


Look closely.



DJ @Rweontheair

At this specific moment, I was vibing vibing to Kid Frankie by Wiz.  Hyped that the DJ transitioned into that from Loose Ends at this type of event.  She let it ride too.  
As if this moment couldn't be anymore PERFECT ...
The Legend himself, George Clinton was sitting directly across from me!!!

















I went over to show her love and let her know she was doing her thing.  Super nice.  I'm sure there is a picture of us hugging somewhere lol.  I saw a flash.


She let me dig through her crates too.







Oh what a night.


fin.



No comments:

Post a Comment