Wednesday, December 14, 2022

{Personal Post} PHOTOS:: Hoodie Season Vol. VI

 

Last month, the fam and I got together for "the last Barbecue of the Year"... Hoodie Season Vol. VI.  The Hoodie Season event takes place with 'purpose to preserve Black culture, expand our reach for mass liberation, and to invest in the generation following our footsteps'.   Of course, the mandatory dress code is Hoodies!  To everyone's surprise, this November Saturday was unseasonably warm.  80 degrees.  

Proceeds went to two D.C, based 501(c)(3), non-profit organizations that mentor D.C. students to consider S.T.E.M. careers.  In addition to live tunes, DJs, vibes, and black owned vendors, food was included in your ticket.  BYOB for the drinks.  We had a great time!  Take a look at the photo recap below: 

Tequilla for the start.  

Brodie reppin for the hometeam.  

They accepted gently worn hoodies for donation to DC Students.  I dropped off two.


cup #2.



Their food was absolutely delicious.  I'll circle back around to this further down.


Sun is setting and the fire pits were going up.  There was more than enough room in the park for everyone to have their own space, yet still be social.




(Last four photos above):  They were so dope and cordial.  I stopped by their table twice.  Check them out: IG: @reverse_thebrand


the gang is all here.




IG: @Cigarsbyreuben.  Chatted with them for a bit before heading back to our 'area'.  Very nice folks!  Down to earth.

IG: @nerdcoolapparel

message.

IG: @famlyjewelz

Back to the food I was ranting and raving about.  Bbq chicken, green beans, mac and cheese, cornbread.  Mac is like one of my favorite foods ever and let's just say.. top 10.  I only wish I was able to get two trays.

Strawberry shortcake for dessert.  

One of the event team members was offering shots of Jack...

...you already knew where that was going.  Magically, my cup turned to TeqJack.  Gremlin mode activated.

For sure, 'Teach Me How to Dougie' was playing at this moment.  


Hey 'Tima!


Before I go, I must say... style spotlight on @Dj_FreshYourHighness himself, with the shoe change for his outfit.  They both were flames. 
I show you how to do this son!


We'll be back next year!




2 comments:

  1. Sorry not sorry bout I would’ve banned dude in the Polo shirt. It’s called hoodie season. Kudos 2 u cuzzin for donating the hoodies. FreshYiurHighness and ur shoe game is always 1000

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL ! The invitation stated that you had to wear a hoodie for entry, but I think because of the unusual hot weather, they were more lenient with folks not wearing one. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete