Sunday, June 14, 2015

Obey Your Verse:: Nas, Notorious B.I.G, Rakim, & Drake Lyrics on new SPRITE can series

***Updated 6/14/15- Commercial Added.


”Legacy means everything to me.  When I wrote these lyrics, I never imagined my fans would someday have the opportunity to enjoy a can of Sprite and experience my art in a totally different way."  - Nas.

This summer, hip-hop lyrics will be plastered on SPRITE cans across the nation in the 'Obey Your Verse' lyrical collection.    The culture influence is everywhere.  In this series, there will be a total of 16 cans with each artist- Nas, Biggie, Rakim, and Drake- having a quote on one of their own.  According to a SPRITE press release, there artists were selected based on their reputation for being true to themselves through their music and advancing the culture.  
Check the song/quote listing + official promo commercial below:: 

  



This isn't SPRITE's first time dipping their hand in Hip-Hop.  Does anyone remember the commercial back in the 90s with Amil, Eve, Mia-X, Angie Martinez, and Roxanne Shante?  This was my favorite one (the commercial below).  I'm mad I still remember the words. lls.  #FlashBackFriday



Original post updated via Pitchfork

No comments:

Post a Comment