Thursday, September 1, 2022

{Personal Post} PHOTOS:: Chuck Brown Day 2022 x No Kids Allowed Black Owned Business Month Spotlight



The weekend of August 20-21 was pretty busy.  Soooo many things were happening in the city.  Chuck Brown Day and No Kids Allowed (NKA) black owned business month pop-up are highlighted in this post.  That Saturday, the 8th Annual Chuck Brown Day kicked off to celebrate the life of the music and DC legend himself @ Chuck Brown Memorial Park featuring Rare Essence, Doug E Fresh, the Chuck Brown Band, Vendors, Food Trucks, kid activities and more.  

On Sunday, No Kids Allowed held a pop-up to spotlight a Black Owned Business that week: Inspire The Tribe.  ADDICTION followers are no stranger to her or her business here.  Many of joint shenanigans and business promote posts throughout the years.  

Take a look into a visual recap of how both went.... 





I brought Marley with me to her first gogo lol.  Lil mama was excited. 

Their chicken was on 1s and 2s. 

Big cuz pulled up!

This was thee ONLY shot I got of the stage.  Walking through THAT crowd there.  A tangled web we weave.  Seriously, it was INSANE.  I couldn't do it.  Got my shot and went back out into the hills.  





wind me up Chuck!




The crank was undeniable and truth be told, I had a moment where I reflected to what I already know.  There is NO place like DC.  There is NO place like home.  It was a great turn out and honor for Chuck.  I know he was looking down smiling.  

The following day... I stopped through NKA's pop-up.  S.o. to my bew Hannah.  The spotlight for that week was for my fren's business, Inspire the Tribe.  The weather was rainy, but warm and still brought in a great turn out.  When the crowd would die down, I was able to snap photos.  If you're in the DC area or visiting soon, check out NKA and what they are all about ;-).





I always pull up with a lil taste.

Tyler for the tunes.







Tagged.


Janet on Janet on Janet.

The rain stopped by the time the event was over.  Off to get a bite to eat...

but first... *have some.


Nooshi!


I'm not gon hold you.  I've had Pho from many of place, but Nooshi's pho was Top.Tier.  Delicious.


Indeed.  Fin.


No comments:

Post a Comment